PRO CORDA PLUS: OPERA
Pro Corda Plus: Opera provides a truly unique artistic experience in the October half-term
for all those who love performance, music and theatre. No audition is necessary.
Together with preparing and starring in the final opera performance, participants will receive specialist classes in dance, composition and solo and ensemble instrumental tuition.
All participants will prepare and take part in a fully staged workshop presentation in Pro Corda's medieval Barn theatre. The rehearsals and production are directed by Susan Singh.
• Composition Sessions combine instrumental coaching with creating incidental music to be incorporated into the production
• Technical Theatre Sessions will teach participants about set, lighting and costume design.
Participants will get to design and make the sets, props and costumes
• Choreography Sessions will prepare all aspects of movement for the final production.
• Nightly House Concerts in the Recital Hall form an informal for all to perform as instrumentalists and singers
• Fun Packed Recreational Activities organised by Pro Corda pastoral staff
• Accommodation is in the 22 bedroom Abbey Farm House and neighbouring Guesten Lodge. Meals are served in the Guesten Hall
Principle Tutors for Pro Corda Plus:
Susan Singh (Director)
has directed child performers at English National Opera for many years. She is responsible for auditioning and training those who go on to be child stars in internationally acclaimed productions. Susan is recognised as the country's leading opera trainer for children.
Anita Strevens (Choreographe
r) is one of the country's leading Dalcroze Eurhythmics (Music & Movement) teachers. Anita is a cellist and plays with the Phantom of the Opera Orchestra in the West End.
David Parker (Technical Theatre) i
s a West End set designer. He designs sets for a number of touring opera companies. David gives regular education workshops.
Jonathan Hodgson (Production's Musical Director)
is a pianist, organist and composer with extensive experience in musical direction and choral and orchestral conducting and is Pro Corda's Director of Development.
To apply, please complete the online form on the course applications page
. For any other queries please call 01728 831354 or email us at email@example.com
*Cost includes all tuition and full board accommodation. Some bursaries are available. To apply, please fill in the bursary form found on the forms page. All bursaries are means tested.